Saturday 2 May 2015

Blog twenty three - file formats for photoshop and illustrator

When creating my files they were saved in PSD format when it was a Photoshop file and an adobe illustrator file when I did it in illustrator. These file types are okay however if you do not have the chosen program installed on your computer then you will not be able to open the image. When you are saving this you have the option to save the file for web which will enable you to be able to open the file elsewhere, you will not be able to make changes however but you will be able to do things like print the image. For me this was an issue as I wanted to get it printed on glossy paper to make it look as good as I could, however I did not have the required software at home to be able to print them off.






























By changing the file types for the DVD casing and the DVD label you are ensuring that anybody is able to open the file and view it no matter what software they have on their machine. I decided to save my casing as a Jpg file as I had issues trying to save it in any other format as the file size was too large and lost the quality of the over all image. In some file types it wouldn't even allow the file to fully open therefore you were not able to view the full image.
I saved the DVD disc as a GIF as I had the same issues with this.
I also believe that they are both well know file types and you are able to access them using any machine with-out having special software installed on your machine making it easier for everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment