Saturday 2 May 2015

Blog Thirty - Changes made to casing

I'd originally made my DVD casing with not a lot of information on the back, however I then decided that I wanted to add more information for example the language the film is in. I decided to add this in a box that you could find on a real DVD case.
I did this as I think it makes it look a bit more professional and it also gives you a little bit more information about the film. For Example if you were buying it from another country or spoke different language you know that you wouldn't be able to watch it and fully understand it as it wouldn't be in your language.


By making this change I thought I just added a little bit more to the box filled in a bit of blank space and also made it look more attractive. By doing this I had to move other items around to ensure that everything could fit how I wanted it to. I've made these changes and then printed off ready to put in my DVD casing.


Once I had printed it I'd realised that everything was too close to the edge so therefore when I chopped the bleeding edge off I chopped some of the text off that I do really hard on the case. I quickly rectified this by moving things around and moving them down and more central to DVD the spine to ensure that if I do need to chop anything else off it will still all fit perfectly and look just how I want it to.
I have since reprinted my DVD casing and it all seems to fit perfectly and look just how I want it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment