Saturday 2 May 2015

Blog thirty one - File Types Continued. (Casing & Disc.)

In a previous blog I have written and told you what file types I have saved my Casing and Disc in. In this blog I just explain a little bit more about this.


When saving my DVD casing and DVD label I knew that I couldn't save them in the original file formats as they wouldn't be able to be opened anywhere you would need the specific software to be able to open them and view them. It also matters when it comes to things like blowing the image up or making them smaller as you could loose the focus from the image then making it become distorted.


When I was looking at file types and how to save the files I kept in mind that I need to be up to open them and view them in any software.
I Changed the file type that I saved it in by exporting to web which would mean that is suitable for viewing on the Internet as well as other software for example picture viewer in Microsoft. This would then be viewable wherever you wanted it to be.
If I had kept the file types the same as they were I would have had issues down the line for example when my work is being marked. If the marker does not have the required software then they would not be able to fully view my work and therefore will not be able to see all of the effort and time I have put into it.
When I have done work I like to show it to other people that don't always know what I'm doing as it helps me to get feedback and input from out-side people. But to do this I need to make sure that I have them saved in a relevant file type. For example a GIF or a Jpg.

No comments:

Post a Comment