Monday 4 May 2015

Blog Thirty three - case size

When it came to doing the case size for the blog we were given a rough outline of what size it should be, so I set my page up to be the outline we were given we also googled a few different images to see an average size of the DVD casing.

I designed my DVD casing on the templated blog that we were given as I thought the dimension sounded just about right. Before I finalise my design I wanted to make sure that it would fit in the case once the bleeding edge et cetera had been chopped off. So when I had a rough idea of what I wanted on that just the spine and the front cover to start off with I printed it to make sure that it fitted and none of the stuff I was putting on there would have to be taken off or cut off. When I had printed the first copy I printed it on an a four sheet of paper in black-and-white just to ensure that I wasn't going out any think in areas where it needed to be chopped.
By doing this I was then able to change the DVD case alright to ensure that it was the correct size as I had done it too big and it was then able to carry on with my design ensuring that everything stayed within the specified size. Below you will see an image of this with my calculations on it.




As you can see I needed to chop quite a lot of Lexus paper off therefore I needed to drastically reduce the size of my DVD casing.I had made sure that I haven't gone very far into my design before I needed to change this as if I got a bit further in I would've been quite annoyed as you can see I had laid out where I wanted everything to go. I have since then made a few changes to my DVD casing ensuring that every think I have added fit inside the specific size range.

No comments:

Post a Comment