Tuesday 3 March 2015

Blog six - development of case design

When thinking of things to put on my case design I decided to keep with the Thierry Herny theme I really like him as a footballer and think he has brought a lot to Arsenal.
I decided I wanted to put him on the front cover so I googled images of him and chose one I like and one that stood out to me. Once I had decided on an image I cut him out of the original photo using various tools.
Lasso tool
polygonal lasso tool
quick selection
magic wand
Rubber
By using these tools I was able to successfully get him out of the orginal image and add him into my own image to further manipulate him to make him fit into the background image and look good whilst being there.













I had decided that I wanted to ensure my case design was correct and fitted into the cover before I continued any further with the designing of it. I had printed it out several times in order to ensure that it correctly fitted. Making sure that I had correctly meausred the sizes of the case and the sizes of my DVD cover insert.
Once I had finally come up with the correct fitting size I continued to add more detail and imagery to it.

When choosing what other images and text to add to my DVD case I ensure that I stuck with the theme I had in mind. Legends of Arsenal.
Once I had done the front image of Theirry Henry I decided to look at the background and what I was going to put on it, I had decided that I wanted to put the stadium or the pitch itself on there, after looking through various images I had decided on the pitch, but I didn't just want the plain pitch I wanted to add some effects to make it look different. I googled to see different effects and how they looked when added to a background I decided I wanted a snowy theme and therefore added a snow layer on top of my pitch layer.



Once I had positioned my layers in the correct order I made sure that they were the correct size and that they fitted properly, then started looking at the different effects I could add to the snow layer to give it a different effect. Once I had looked through all of them I decided on Mulitiply. This dulled the image and made it look old, this was the effect I was going for, to make it look aged and a bit ruff around the edges.
Whilst doing this image I used a large amount of tools and techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment