Sunday 29 March 2015

Blog seventeen - how I chose clips.

When I had decided I wanted to do my trailer on Arsenal I then thought about people I wanted to include in the trailer. As I had already used Thierry Henry on the cover & the insert I had decided that I also wanted to have him in the trailer. I asked around to see what players at Arsenal past and present had stood out, based on what people had said to me I had decided to use Dennis Bergkamp, Ian Wright, Tony Adams and of course ArsenĂ© Wenger. 

I then thought about key moments and things that stood out to me. I found it hard to pick on specific times and moments that stood out too me as I thought all of these players play consistently and never have bad games. 

This made it very hard for me too choose clips that were different from the rest. However I had in my mind that it was a trailer therefore I didn't want to give too much away. 
I googled & you tubed  a bit too see if I could find any clips that were good to use as an introduction to what's in the full film. 

I first started looking at clips of Tony Adams as I didn't really know a huge amount about him as he's a bit before my time. I found some nice clips of him playing football, using a large amount of skills and scoring amazing goals!! (Screamers) but I thought I'd use this kinds of clips for other people who were going to feature in the film. 
I found a really nice voice over clip that I decided I wanted to use as the words were really nice. It would also allow me to use a few different skills by separating the clip from the audio. 
After I had done the audio clip I found a nice video clip to go with it. 

I had then decided that the rest of the clips I wanted to have my other chosen players playing on the pitch. 

I then had another look and found good clips in which a few I added audio and some I had just background music. 




No comments:

Post a Comment