Tuesday 10 March 2015

Blog eight - Gradient tool, scatter brush, grouping, flare tool.

I looked up online tutorials on how to do different things in Illustrator to get my mind flowing about idea's I could put on my DVD disc. I came across a huge variety of tutorials a large number of which I liked, however I decided that I wanted to do one that I could possibly use in my work somewhere.

I decided on a tutorial which created a sky image as I though that I could do a plane, as Arsenals sponsors are Emirates and the stadium is also called The Emirates therefore I could incorperate that into the design of my images.

I started by using the graident tool to create the sky image, I used a preset colour for the sky of blue and white and used the graident to set where I wanted the blue to be and where I wanted the white to be.
 
 
Once I had created this background image I then decieded to try and create some clouds to go in my sky, this brought up some issues as I couldn't get my clouds fully cloud like the first time I had tried to.
Creating an ellipse I was able to then create a scatter brush in which my clouds would then be born. I created the scatter brush by dragging and dropping the the ellipse I had created into the brushes option of the brushes section.
 
 
 
Creating the clouds and adding colour to them using the gradient tool, ensuring that I had chosen the white for the colour of the graident to ensure my clouds looked light and fluffy. Once I had done that I grouped all of my clouds together and ensured that they remained seperate from the background and that I could move them on their own to easily manipilate them.
 
 


The finished cloud product.
 
 


I had then decided that I wanted to have a sun in my sky, I looked around at different tools in which I could use. At first I thought that I wanted to use a brush to just draw the sun on and have a standard yellow sun, however I then discoverd the Flare tool and decided that this gave me a really nice effect and chose to use this. To get the effect that I wanted to get with my sun I had to move some clouds around and perfectly postion the flare.
 
 
Here is the finished sky product. 


No comments:

Post a Comment