Thursday 5 March 2015

Blog seven - Adding content to the DVD Cover

When thinking what I could put on the back of my DVD cover I had decided that I wanted to have the same image over both the front and the back of the case. I had the pitch as my background on the front back and spine of my case, I did this to ensure that it looked the same and that it was continual all the way through and followed the same theme.

Whilst creating my DVD case I had been asking people their options as then I could make appropriate changes whilst I was going along. All of the feedback I received was good and therefore meant I had minimal if any changes to make.

Once I had the background and the overlay for the background in place I could then begin to continue to add images into my back cover. I knew that certain things always went on a back cover for example an age rating of a film, the duration it lasts and the best size screen for it. I wanted my DVD to look as real as possible therefore I am going to ensure that I use the correct icons as much as possible and that I keep to the same lay-out as much as possible.
I had decided that I wanted to keep the same theme all through-out my blog by using Theirry Henry as my main icon. Therefore I got a picture of his head and using the cropping tool, blending tool and the gradient tool I was able to mirror Theirry Henry's head to appear several times around the same image.

 
Once I had created this image I used the cropping tool, polygonal lasso tool and the quick selection tool to cut out an image of Arsenal's emblem, once I had cut this out fully and was happy with the way it looked I then placed Theirry Henry's head on top of the emblem to make it look different and also to Honor the player in which I think has brought a HUGE amount to Arsenal. I chose a plain red and white emblem so that the picture of Theirry Henry didn't stand out to much as my aim was to blend both of the images together so that the face on top was subtle.
 
I also knew that DVD cases have a little bit about the film on the back of the DVD case so the viewers are able to see what a film is about before they buy it, I ensured that I had added a little bit of information about what happens during the film, also making sure that I didn't give to many spoilers away. I kept this part quite brief as to entice people in to come and watch the rest of the film. By making this part short but sweet I was able to lure people in to want to see more and find out what the film was all about.
 
I had also recognised that DVD cases have who the film was produced by on them for example; Universal Studios, Dream works Animation, 20th Century Fox and Warner Bros Pictures to name a few. I had decided to use one of these as then it would keep it simple and I could easily get the logo of one of these to add into my case. I had decided to go with 20th Century Fox. As I thought that this was a well known company and very widely recognised.

No comments:

Post a Comment