Thursday 19 March 2015

Blog thirteen - Extra

Furthering on my knowledge and things I have already done I decided that I wanted to create an insert for my DVD case as most DVDs come with one in there. I thought that this would set me apart from other people as far as I know nobody else was doing this. I decided to keep this design simple and basic as I had already used all of the needed tools in other designs I had done. I decided that I wanted to use the same theme with the out-doors, therefore I choose to do a sky and grass landscape scene with Thierry Henry in the foreground of the image. I also have a bit about the film on this insert as then people will have more of an idea of what the film is going to be about.

To get my background image I used a stock image as opposed to creating my own as I couldn't find any tutorials in which I was happy with. The stock image is a very nice grassy scene and a lovely sky gradient with clouds. I was able to make the clouds lighter as some of them were a bit darker than I wanted. 

Once I had made the clouds lighter I was then able to add the other features I wanted. I had decided that I was going too add the same Henry on this as I had used on the cover as then I was keeping it the same and not changing the theme of my cover. I positioned him the the centre of the page & moved him up from the bottom as I wanted to make sure that everything would fit in perfectly. 

Once I had done that I decided that I wanted to add some text onto the insert. I did this because I wanted to give the viewers a bit more information about what is going to be in the film.  

No comments:

Post a Comment