Sunday 8 February 2015

Blog two - Introduction and original ideas

We have been given the task of creating a DVD or a video game, this task splits into three different parts. creating the design for an amaray style DVD case, creating an on disc lable complete with a logo and also creating a promotional DVD/Video to go with the art created. In my opinion this was a very difficult breif to work with as it meant that we had to choose an idea ourselves as there was no given guidelines as to what we should do, we were told things which we shouldn't include and should stear away from however.
The main and most key point we were told was to choose something we have an intrest in and that we know a lot about as then we wouldn't struggle for idea's.


When trying to think of a unique idea and something different to do I had a few idea's however none that I was completely confident with.

I came up with three original idea's in which I was going to later decide which one to use, I planned out all of my idea's so I could see all of them and this then helped me to decide on my final idea. I had thought about doing a video game however decided that I didn't really have much of an idea as to what I would do it about, or even how to put it together. I haven't really had much experience in creating a Video game or a DVD however thought if I choose something that I have a real passion about then I will be able to put more into it. If I did a video game based on Arsenal to me it would look a lot like other games already on the market, I would like to create something from scratch not using input from things already on the market.
By planning out more than one idea helped me as I had things to fall back out.

After looking at them for a while I had developed a few ideas and even began to investigate how it looked and possible colour schemes I could have.
My first three ideas where to do a movie based on photoshop as it was something that we are all learning about it and I thought it would/could be useful to have for later.
I also thought about a video game however didn't go into too much depth as I didn't really know much about it.
My final idea was to do something about something close to my heart and that I know a bit about therefore I chose Arsenal football club.

After a while of thinking I decided to go with the Arsenal idea as I know more about this than I do photoshop and it's something I have an interest in and can talk about more. 





No comments:

Post a Comment