Thursday 12 February 2015

Blog four - Further Idea's

To futher the idea of the spine for my amaray case I have decided on the logo in which I am going to be putting on my DVD case and on the DVD it's self. I have decided to stay quite basic with colours as I don't want it to be too bright and put people off it. I want to have things in the primary Arsenal colours, Red, White/Cream and blue by keeping them simple and basic this will help to ensure that the colouring is not over powering the important information which is going to be on the case for example the ratings and what the DVD is about, if this information is covered up or hard to read then people may be put off it as they cannot fully see what it is about.

By keeping to the same colour scheme all the way through the case I am keeping it to the same style, if I was to change the style from one side to the other it wouldn't look that good.

I have had a look on the internet to see what DVD's that are already being sold with the same genre are like to get some ideas of how they are laid out.

Football factory – one main basic colour, bit bright, catches your eye
Bend it like Beckham – bright colours, looks fun on the cover, catches your eye, clear ratings
Green Street  - basic colours, plain, catches your eye
The arsenal stadium mystery – 1939, old basic colours
 
By looking at all of these cases it helps you to get a feel for what they are like and what makes a good cover/case.

By looking at all of these it helped me to decide on a colour scheme that I wanted to use, one which would look good but not be too bright and in your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment